Sunday, June 10, 2012

EARTHQUAKE!!

So, quick update, there was an earthquake her on Rhodes this afternoon!! No worries, it wasn’t bad at all but it took me by surprise. I had just gotten back from the airport and was exhausted, on the verge of sleep, when the bed started shaking. In my half-asleep state I thought someone was in the room shaking the bed and freaked out. Hit with a sudden rush of adrenaline, I leapt up, all tiredness gone. It took me a second to figure it out but the building stared making a really weird noise and all the furniture was shaking. It wasn’t too bad, but it felt like I was on a ship. I wasn’t really sure what one is supposed to do during an earthquake, but it didn’t seem that bad so I did nothing at all…but really, it was so slight and lasted such a short time that I wasn’t even sure it was an earthquake until I confirmed it with Nick later. We caught up on what the other had done over the weekend over tzatziki and gyros at Despina’s—delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment