Saturday, January 29, 2011

More Sightseeing

After spending the night awake (I swear the motorbikes were drag racing around our hotel), Mom and I spent today walking far and wide. We saw the church of Agia Demetrius, patron saint of Thessaloniki, the Byzantine museum, and a couple other things too. We just walked the streets, all over. Tired and blistered, but it’s been a fun day. Some pictures:

DSC_0394 

Some of the strays, a whole group sunning themselves in a park.

DSC_0398

We came across a market. I’m not sure if it’s there everyday or just today because it’s a Saturday, but they were selling everything; at one end they had clothes, shoes, plants for sale, and as you moved down there was fresh meat to choose from (above), and all types of fish, octopus, seafood, etc (below). I understood more Greek being shouted at me here than anywhere else so far, since it was all nouns I knew, prices, and one teasing comment about a photographer.

DSC_0404

2 comments:

  1. Aw, Puppies are so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so happy you are blogging about your time in Greece! What a fabulous opportunity...I am so jealous! Keep writing and taking pictures. Kayla and I are experiencing Greece vicariously through you! We have enjoyed looking at your pictures and reading your posts so far :-) Take care!

    ReplyDelete