Sunday, January 23, 2011

Three Days to Go

Ok, here goes. I'm giving this blogging thing a try. If you'll be patient with me while I try and figure it out, I'll try to be patient and not give up........right away.

Thanks to everyone who came last night, and special thanks to Emma and Emilia for organizing it. I had so much fun and am going to miss you all so much! I'm so glad you all made time to send me off with a bang.

I'm mostly packed, and am surprised to find I can fit everything I'm going to be needing for the next four months into two huge suitcases, with a little room to spare. It's kind of making dressing for the next couple days a challenge--everything is either a couple sizes too small, something I haven't worn in years, or oddly mismatched.

Some things I've packed:
--Company sweatshirts: so comfy, I love and will miss you crazy Company kids!
--bathing suits: even though it's going to be cold the first month or so (but, arguably, still warmer than Weston), it will heat up after that and I'm going to be prepared. There's a weird mix of sweaters and shorts in my suitcases.
--all ten seasons of Friends: for when I get homesick.
--Polamalu jersey: I won't be here for the Superbowl but I am cheering my team on, even if it's at two in the morning. GO STEELERS!

I guess that's all for now. As promised, pretty boring stuff, but hey, nothing's happened yet! Don't forget to sign up for Skype, add me at rachel.mitchell.92

Love you all!

2 comments:

  1. GOOOD LUCK RACHEL
    WISH YOU ALL THE BEST, I KNOW YOU WILL HAVE SUCH A GREAT TIME...
    I MISS YOU ALREADY!!!!

    -CHRISITNA

    ReplyDelete
  2. This blog better live up to my expectations Rachel. I'm expecting Community channel quality (Ohh, do a video blog!) but with more frequency.
    I MISS YOU.

    ReplyDelete