Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Τσιμισκί είναι…δύο ή τρία….

I went for a run today. I got up early(er than usual) and went down to the παραλία (paralia, the boardwalk that stretches along the water). It was terrible; I hate running. I always want to be that person that jogs, head out, and then realize that it’s too close to death to do every day. I only ran from where I live to the ugly modern-art umbrella sculpture, and then walked/ran back. I sprinted up the stairs though, then collapsed on the floor for a good four minutes, and then felt pretty good for the rest of the day. Tired, though. Exhausted, actually. That will probably be my first and last run in Greece.

I have my first ever college midterm tomorrow, in Modern Greek Nation State. I also get to go back to ELEPAP tomorrow—I missed last week because I was so sick, and didn’t want to infect the kids.

In other news, was approached on the street by someone who asked, in Greek, where Tsimiski was, and I understood! Of course, my answer was, “Yes, Tsimiski is…2 or 3….” meaning blocks, with violent hand gesture towards the water. Hopefully they got it; they said thanks. On a separate but related note, I was also approached by someone on the verge of tears who said something in Greek, and when I said I didn’t understand she said, “Oh, sorry!” in a normal voice and kept going. Smells like a scam to me….

No comments:

Post a Comment