Friday, April 22, 2011

Viva Espana!

Hello all, greetings from Spain! I´ve just completed what I consider to be the middle leg of the trip, Barcelona and Mallorca, and it´s on to Sevilla and finally Madrid for the next four days before I go home to Thess. Internet access is limited, so this will be short, but again, stories and pictures to follow!

We got up at 730 from Rome to get on our plane, and arrived in Barcelona around 3. We spent the whole day running around as much of the city as possible, but it was actually really dissapointing, because the city isn´t as walkable as some of the others and we really didn´t have time to see even close to everything I wanted to see. And, we had to carry our packs around with us the whole time, which was more tiring. After dinner, we changed in the restaurant bathroom, went to a club, and at four left to catch the early bus to the airport for our flight to Mallorca. We were up for more than 24 hours straight, going hard the whole time!

Mallorca is beautiful, but it´s not Spain. It´s pretty much a vacation destination for British people. I´ve heard more English than Spanish, and every meal is traditional English food. We talked with one shop owner who had an intense British accent, but was born here and has lived her whole life here! We´ve had some nice relaxing beach days, though the weather is less than we would have hoped for. It´s been nice anyway, we got to do laundry--much, much needed!--and just readjust ourselves for the last part of the trip, when we´re staying in larger dorm-style hostels. I´m excited to see Sevilla and Madrid, but I´m definitely getting tired, and a little homesick; I can´t wait to get back to my own bed, my own shower!

That´s all for now. Talk to you again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment