Monday, February 14, 2011

It’s All Greek to Me!

I just had the most Greek day since I’ve been here. As a Sunday, everything besides tavernas, cafés, and pastry shops are closed, and I spent a good six hours in my room doing what amounts to a grand total of nothing. Then, around five, I went out and got coffee with some people in my building, and sat there for two hours. Went back to my apartment, tooled around for two hours, and then went out to dinner at nine. There were six of us, but two of the girls went back early because they weren’t feeling well, so it ended up being me and the three guys from our building. We talked about everything: Greece, politics, sports, girls, more politics. We sat there for FOUR HOURS, and finished dinner around one o’clock in the morning. You cannot get more Greek than that, my friends. Two hours of coffee, followed by a four hour dinner that lasts into the following day. I’m pretty proud of myself, although my butt is actually really sore—I don’t have enough padding to support these lengthy Greek meals. Although, I’m sure I just need to give it time; all these gyros, souvlaki, and pastries are going to hit me sooner or later.

No comments:

Post a Comment