Tuesday, February 1, 2011

A Slow Day

Got up late, talked with my roommate, got food and went grocery shopping with her and a few others, got a list going of what we need when we go to IKEA tomorrow. Internet access is still being a pain; there’s no wireless, only a single Ethernet connection for the room. We got a splitter but it doesn’t allow us to both be on at the same time, we need to get some kind of router etc, so until that happens I still can’t really talk.

Got to know a few of the girls a little better. Got an early dinner/snack with a girl from Ole Miss who just got in today and her roommate, and two girls from North Dakota. They seem really nice, and we just went to this little Greek place with a super-nice waitress who just kept bringing us out all sorts of mezzas, etc.

There are a lot of girls from the Boston area mostly from the same three schools, and a surprising amount from Minnesota/the Dakotas. There are also a fair number of kids from New York area, who I usually get lumped in with when Greeks ask where I’m from—they all know New York, no one knows Connecticut.

That’s all for today. A long but much needed day of orientation tomorrow. I swear I had a schedule for the day, but I can’t find it. I have to get up comparatively early to be ready, so I’m going to sleep soon, I’m really tired and still trying to fully adjust to Greek time. I love you all, and will Skype and chat with you all as soon as I can, I just don’t want to be annoying and hog the internet, and I don’t really know how to talk to people when my roommate is in the room, especially when she can’t be distracted by internet at the same time…

No comments:

Post a Comment