Monday, May 16, 2011

“But you’re so young!”

Mt. Olympus got me sick! I woke up in the middle of the night all stuffed up, and in the morning lost my voice. I thought other than that I was fine, so I went to school but after two classes I suddenly felt really feverish and shaky so went home early. I google-translated some words relating to how I was feeling and stopped at a pharmacy. I had what I was going to say all planned out and was just beginning my spiel when she said, “What do you need?” and my whole thing was ruined. I got what I needed and asked for something to help me sleep as well, meaning Nyquil or some other nighttime medicine. I think she misunderstood, because she just sighed and said, “But you’re so young!” and then gave me the strongest non-prescription sleeping pills in the store. Whatever, it’ll work the same, I just hate how I can never sleep when I’m sick.

The new people have moved into the building. There’s a group of eight girls and their professor from Butler in Indiana who are here for some economic thing and are staying here until the beginning of June. And, since the second floor is empty except for me and the twins, they’re living up here with us. I haven’t met any of the girls, just the professor. Apparently we won’t be seeing too much of them, though, because even at night they always have some kind of activity going on.

That’s all that’s new, I’m going to take some of these pills and go to sleep and hope I feel better in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment