Monday, May 2, 2011

Life In Thess

While trying so hard to whip out these spring break posts, I’ve neglected what’s been going on the past couple days. Mostly I’ve just been trying to get back in the groove of everyday life. I unpacked, I added all my new postcards and posters to The Wall, have spent countless hours going through tons of photos, started working on some papers that are due this week and next. Friday, Saturday, and Sunday I hardly left the apartment. I slept a lot. Watched Casablanca. Exercised. Everyone has been slowly trickling back and I realize how much I’ve missed them all—and just after two weeks! I can’t believe I only have a month left with all these crazies. All the guys have come back with weird facial hair. Everyone keeps telling me how tan I am, which makes me feel great. Other than that, not much is really new in real life. Everyone’s pretty excited about Osama being dead; I got an e-mail from the government warning me to be extra careful abroad as there is an increased risk of terrorist activities in retaliation.

I take the AP Exams May 5th and 10th. It’s a huge pain in the butt to take them here in Greece, and expensive, but not as expensive as a course at Vanderbilt, I guess. I have to travel two hours to Larisa, and since they’re early in the morning I have to go the day before and stay in a hotel. And, because the days are so spread apart, I have to do it twice. It’s just annoying when I have such limited time left in Thess, and so much work to catch up on!

No comments:

Post a Comment