Monday, May 9, 2011

Larisa Take Two

Back in Larisa for my AP Government Exam. Same hotel, same routine, I’ve got it all down now. I think I may have gotten Swimmer’s Ear from the beach because my left ear and left side of the throat hurts when I swallow, or I might be coming down with a cold. Either way, I thought it would be safe to buy some rubbing alcohol to take care of that. Every time we ever did circumlocution exercises in Spanish class I always thought it was really pointless; when would you ever need to describe something when you know the word? Well, when you forget the word or don’t know it, having the vocabulary to still get your point across comes in handy. I don’t know many medical words or words relating to the body, and the couple in the pharmacy didn’t speak English. They pulled out the right stuff first try though, when I said “I have water (point to ear), I need something to clean…alcohol?” The lady laughed and congratulated the man on figuring it out so quickly because she didn’t want to be here all night, and she seemed surprised when I understood and laughed.

Got my gyro at the same place across the street and it was still packed. It’s a Monday night, so it’s less crowded outside, and I’m on the side of the building away from the main square this time, so it’s much quieter. I’m just sitting in my room going over old Govt notes to refresh. Shout-out to Ali Kolbert—your notes helped me get through the class and they’ll help me pass the AP test too!

No comments:

Post a Comment