Friday, May 27, 2011

Where is the time??

I took everything down off my wall for room checks tomorrow. It looks bare and empty. I’m having a really hard time with the fact that I have about ten days left in Greece. I have so many things I need to do, so many things that I meant to do all semester and now I don’t have time. I never went to a Greek church, I never went to a football game. And I’m already missing people so much! I literally can’t imagine what it will be like when I can’t see them every day and it’s really depressing me. People have rented out the villas on Halkidiki again this weekend, but I’m not going to stay overnight—I have too much I need to get done. I’m just going to go for the day Saturday with Tanya.

We had family barbeque today. Abby, Tanya and I made all kinds of salad, tzatziki, stuffed mushrooms, barbeque sauce from scratch, and Jake, our resident Texan, was our grill-master and presided over the meat. It was great to be outside, very summery. It’s about a thousand degrees in Greece right now, I can see why they all flee the country in August!

Tomorrow is the last day of classes, and next week is finals, Mon/Tues/Wed. Thursday I’m still planning on heading to the Peloponnese. I’m a little torn, though; it means I’ll be gone while everyone starts leaving, which is literally killing me, but I know I’ll regret it if I don’t even make the effort to find my family. I’m grasping at time as it flies out of my hands, and I hate it. I can’t go home yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment