Thursday, May 19, 2011

Haircut Fail Part II

I had another Greek hair fail. I went to the place across the street where everyone has been going and coming back looking great. I googled all the necessary words and then some relating to hair, and walked in armed with all kinds of hair knowledge. It was going really great and I successfully explained exactly what I wanted—no haircut, just side-bangs. She understood perfectly, everything was going well….until she asked me how long I wanted them. I thought she was asking me where I wanted them to start, but I think, in retrospect, she was asking me where they should finish, because that’s what happened. It’s not too terrible, just way too short for my crazy hair. Also, as she was explaining afterwards (in Greek, and I understood!), I have a weird foppy wanky bit on the left side (good description Rach) which makes it so it won’t lie flat, so next time I get my hair cut I should ask for the part on the other side and it will look much better. Helpful for later, but not looking so hot now.

Other than that, spent the day laying around recovering more. I already feel a thousand times better than before, but I’m still going to be really careful the next few days to make sure I recover fully. I’ve got a fully-stocked pharmacy in my backpack…

Heading to Mykonos in twenty minutes. I guess I’ll just look weird in all the pictures from this weekend, but so be it. I can’t wait, it’s going to be so much fun; I’ll tell you about it when I get back!

No comments:

Post a Comment